Dental Check Up and Clean in Springvale
Prevention is always better than cure when it comes to maintaining optimal oral hygiene and dental health, which is why most dental practitioners, including those here at Springvale Dental Smiles, recommend a regular dental check-up and clean. If you’re a Springvale local who could do with a check-up after having avoided the dentist for an extended period of time, there’s no better time than now to make an appointment at Springvale Dental Smiles.
What Does a Dental Clean / Dental Check-Up Involve?
If you think you clean your teeth well at home, a teeth clean at the dentist takes the process to the next level. Forming part of the dental check-up process, the dentist will either perform a standard clean or, if you’re showing signs of gum disease, a deep clean that involves:
- A physical examination to evaluate the quality of your teeth and gums.
- Plaque and tartar removal with a scaling device that scrapes the hardened substances from the gum line and between the teeth.
- A full clean with gritty-textured paste. The gritty texture polishes the teeth and removes any leftover tartar from the scaler.
- Flossing – A flossing session administered by a professional dental hygienist can produce results that even the most ardent home flosser might never be able to achieve.
- Rinsing – You’ll then clear your mouth of any debris with a fluoride-enriched rinse.
- Fluoride treatment – You’ll be provided with a fluoride treatment which helps to further protect your teeth.
Upon completion of your check-up and dental clean in Springvale, your dentist will be able to tell you whether further work is needed or whether your oral hygiene is in peak condition.
Providing Dental Check-Ups for Locals in Springvale & Surrounds
Though our clinic might be based in Springvale, our specialist team accommodates the dental needs and maintains the highest standard of care for residents in nearby suburbs such as:
- Clayton South
- Dandenong North
- Dandenong South
- Dingley Village
- Glen Waverley
- Noble Park
- Noble Park North
- Springvale South
Simply call us or contact us online to organise a dental check-up in Springvale and discover our commitment to protecting your oral hygiene.